• 200g couscous
• 200ml reduced salt vegetable stock, hot
• 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil^
• Pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
• 1x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
• 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
• 1 yellow capsicum, seeds removed, diced
• 2 tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
• 95g tinned tuna in springwater (Stir through shredded BBQ chicken instead of tuna as an alternative protein source.)
• ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
• 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
^Olive oil, avocado and canola oils are great sources of monounsaturated fat (good fats). Monounsaturated fats have been shown to lower blood cholesterol levels and decrease the risk of heart disease.
© This recipe was developed by Nutrition Australia. All rights reserved.
Has this recipe wet your appetite? Continue your wellness journey with more deliciously healthy recipes from Nutrition Australia here.