A wholesome lunch or a side dish at a barbecue, this recipe is as versatile as it is fibre rich. Sweet beetroot, peppery rocket and creamy feta are a tasty accompaniment for the fibrous lentils. Give it a go – your microbiome (and tastebuds) will thank you!
• 450g can whole baby beetroot, drained
• 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed
• 2 spring onions, finely sliced
• 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (10mL)
• 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar (10mL)
• 50g wild rocket leaves
• ¼ cup reduced fat feta cheese (62g), crumbled
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
We respectfully acknowledge the Bidjigal people, the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the Country on which Castle Towers resides. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging and acknowledge the continuing connection to land, water and community.